IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Gottfried Haid, 1704–1767, German, active in Britain, Two Women Listening to a Bird, with a Man Holding a Gun, undated
Two Women Listening to a Bird, with a Man Holding a Gun
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 17 5/8 inches (34.1 x 44.8 cm), Plate: 10 1/2 x 15 1/16 inches (26.7 x 38.2 cm), Image: 9 7/16 x 15 1/16 inches (23.9 x 38.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 40"
Lettered, lower left: "Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit"; lower center: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit Agusta Vindelicorum"; lower right: "Johann Gottfried Haid Sculpsit | a. 28."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | birdcage | caps | gaze | genre subject | gun (small arm) | listening | man | peasants | rifle | sleeves | thoughtful | watching | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.