La colombe chérie
- Additional Title(s):
The Cherished Dove
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 13 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (35.3 x 23 cm), 8 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (22.2 x 15.9 cm), and 7 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (19.7 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 48"
Lettered, lower left: "No. 26."; lower center: "La Colombe Chérie."; lower right: "a Augsbourgh ches J. J. Haid et Fils. J."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | curls | dove | drapery | embracing | flowers (plants) | genre subject | girl | holding | kissing | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, La colombe chérie, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.