L'Enfant Prodigue exigeant sa legitime
- Additional Title(s):
Der ungerathne Solun fordert das Uatterlich Erb
The Prodigal Son Demanding His Inheritance
- Mezzotint with etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 17 15/16 inches (36 x 45.6 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 16 inches (32.3 x 40.7 cm), and Image: 11 7/16 x 16 inches (29.1 x 40.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 53"
Lettered, lower left: "1."; lower center: "L'Enfant prodigue exigeant sa Legitime. Der underathne Sohn fordert das Uatterlich Erb. | Nro. 17"; lower right: "J. J. Haid et Filius exc A. V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | coins | family | father | inheritance and succession | money | moneybags | son | sword | table | wigs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, L'Enfant Prodigue exigeant sa legitime, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.