IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Men Playing Cards, undated
Men Playing Cards
- Mezzotint with etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 8 7/16 inches (29.2 x 21.4 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (22.7 x 14.6 cm), Image: 8 3/16 x 5 3/4 inches (20.8 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 60"
Lettered, lower left: "No. 59"; lower center: "J. J, Haid et filius excudit A.V."; lower right: "J"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buckles | card game | cards | coats | drinking | gambling | genre subject | hats | inn | leisure | men | pub | tankards | vests | working class
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.