Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 49, "As if the sun could envy, check'd his beam", ca. 1797
Young's Night Thoughts, Page 49, "As if the sun could envy, check'd his beam"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm), and Plate: 16 1/8 x 12 3/4 inches (41 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | flower (plant) | flowers (plants) | horse (animal) | literary theme | men | nudes | plant | reclining | sun | sunset | text | vine | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.