Man Wearing a Hat
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 12 5/8 inches (46.3 x 32 cm), Plate: 16 1/16 x 11 inches (40.8 x 27.9 cm), and Image: 14 5/16 x 10 7/8 inches (36.3 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 72"
Lettered, lower left: "Jo. Henric Sperling Hamburg pinxit."; lower right: "Jo. Jac. Haiod sculpsit et excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cloak | gaze | genre subject | hat | jewelry | man | moustache | old | solemn | thoughtful | turban
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Man Wearing a Hat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.