Man Wearing a Hat
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 12 5/8 inches (46.3 x 32 cm), Plate: 16 1/16 x 11 inches (40.8 x 27.9 cm), Image: 14 5/16 x 10 7/8 inches (36.3 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 72"
Lettered, lower left: "Jo. Henric Sperling Hamburg pinxit."; lower right: "Jo. Jac. Haiod sculpsit et excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cloak | gaze | genre subject | hat | jewelry | man | moustache | old | solemn | thoughtful | turban
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Man Wearing a Hat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.