Grammatica. Die Sprachkunst.
- Additional Title(s):
Grammar. The Language Arts.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 16 7/16 × 11 3/8 inches (41.8 × 28.9 cm) and Image: 14 9/16 x 11 inches (37 x 28 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Joh. Rotenhamer pinx."; lower center: "GRAMMATICA. | Die Sprachkunst. | No. 33"; lower right: "se vend chez J. Jacques Haid & Augsburg, et a Paris Chez Gilles Rosselin rue S. Jaques"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | alphabet | child | crown (costume component) | education | father | flowers (plants) | fur | genre subject | grammar | language | learning | reading | ring | son | teaching | writing (processes)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Grammatica. Die Sprachkunst, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.