- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/8 x 15 1/4 inches (52.4 x 38.8 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 x 10 5/8 inches (40.3 x 27 cm), and Image: 14 1/4 x 10 5/8 inches (36.2 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 91"
Lettered, lower center: "S. MATTHAEUS. | Non divitice, quce alios perdunt; eum impediverunt, non affectus erga suos detinuit: videbat autem | et ipsum. Deum absoconditum obentu corporis vit Matth vet | Jean Kupezky pinx"; lower right: "Joh. Jacob Haid fecite et exc. A. V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | axe | beard | book | Christian | Christianity | cloak | gaze | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | spear | thoughtful | wood
- Associated People:
- Saint Matthew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Matthaeus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.