Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 57, "Trembling each gulp, lest death should snatch the bowl", ca. 1797
Young's Night Thoughts, Page 57, "Trembling each gulp, lest death should snatch the bowl"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 5/8 inches (41.9 x 32.1 cm), and Plate: 16 x 12 1/2 inches (40.6 x 31.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowl | drinking | food | literary theme | men | mourning | table | text | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.