- S. Paulus
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 13/16 x 15 1/4 inches (52.8 x 38.8 cm), Plate: 16 x 10 15/16 inches (40.7 x 27.8 cm), and Image: 14 5/16 x 10 15/16 inches (36.4 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 97"
Lettered, lower center: "S. PAVLVS. | Apprehendit eum, arcanoque splendore circumfudit Dominus, coelestis et verus rex, eum,, | que voce sua dignatus in faciem percussit, atque ut servum liberavit S. Macar hom: | XLIV. | Joam. Kupezky pinx."; lower right: "J. Jacob Haid fecit et excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | book | cane | Christian | Christianity | cloak | gaze | gesturing | hilt | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | sword | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Paulus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.