- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 11/16 inches (54 x 37.3 cm), Plate: 16 x 10 11/16 inches (40.7 x 27.2 cm), and Image: 14 5/16 x 10 11/16 inches (36.3 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 98"
Lettered, lower center: "S, BARTHOLOMAEVS | Quiz non optaret, ut lucerna tantae claritatis nequaquam sub modio lateret, sed supra | candelabrum poneretur, et omnibus, qui in domo ecclesiae sunt luceret. S. Rup. Tuit. in Io.O | Joan Kupezky pinx"; lower right: "J. Jacob Haid fecit et excud. A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | gaze | gesturing | hilt | historical subject | knife | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | sword | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Bartholomew
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Bartholomaeus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.