Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 73, "Draw the dire steel? -- ah no!", ca. 1797
Young's Night Thoughts, Page 73, "Draw the dire steel? -- ah no!"
- Part Of:
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 16 3/4 inches (42.5 cm), Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm), and Plate: 15 5/8 x 12 inches (39.7 x 30.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowns | flames | hands | literary theme | nails | text | thorns
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.