Robert Blair, The Grave, Title Page
- Part Of:
- 1808, published 1813
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 11 3/8 inches (38.1 × 28.9 cm), Plate: 14 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (36.5 × 27.3 cm), and Image: 13 1/8 × 9 3/4 inches (33.3 × 24.8 cm)
Lettered upper center to lower center: "The | GRAVE, | A Poem. | Illustrated by twelve Etchings | Executed | by | Louis Schiavonetti, | From the Original | Inventions | of | William Blake. | 1808"; lettered below image: "Drawn by W.Blake | London. Published March 1st 1813, by R.Ackermann, 101 Strand | Etched by L.Schiavonetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- death | flames | man | nude | skeleton | trumpet | words | words
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Robert Blair, The Grave, Title Page, 1808, published 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.