- The Reunion of the Soul & the Body
- 1808, published 1813
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 11 3/8 inches (38.1 × 28.9 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 9 inches (29.8 × 22.9 cm), and Image: 9 1/2 × 6 7/8 inches (24.1 × 17.5 cm)
Lettered upper right: "P.32"; below image, lower center: "The Reunion of the Soul & the Body | London, Published Mar. 1st. 1813, by R.Ackermann 101 Strand"; lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L. Schiavonetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- body | descending | flames | gown | graves | hell | kissing | kneeling | man | nude | reaching | religious and mythological subject | smoke | soul | tombstone | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Reunion of the Soul & the Body, 1808, published 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.