IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Death of the Strong Wicked Man, 1808
Death of the Strong Wicked Man
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm), Sheet: 12 1/4 × 15 3/4 inches (31.1 × 40 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 11 inches (24.1 × 27.9 cm), Image: 8 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (20.6 × 26 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower right: "Engraved by L.Schiavonetti"; lower center: "Death of the Strong Wicked Man | London, Published May 1st. 1808, by Cadell & Davis, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agony | barefoot | bed | broken | corpse | crying | death | flames | flying | goblet | literary theme | man | mourning | nude | pallet | religious and mythological subject | soul | The Grave (1743) by Robert Blair (1699-1746) | window | wine | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.