- Dr. Huilbert at Newsbury, Berks.
- ca. 1749
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (21.6 × 28.3 cm) and Mount: 13 1/8 × 16 9/16 inches (33.3 × 42.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Dr Hulbert at | Newberry, Berks."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Bluish lights"; inscribed in pen and brown ink,, lower center: "paler go. Flesh color'd | edg'd bluish"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: S Gilpin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Dr. Huilbert at Newsbury, Berks, ca. 1749
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.