- The Reunion of the Soul & the Body
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm), Sheet: 15 3/4 × 12 1/4 inches (40 × 31.1 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (29.8 × 23.2 cm), and Image: 9 3/8 × 7 inches (23.8 × 17.8 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake."; lower right: "Etched by L. Schiavonetti"; lower center: "The Reunion of the Soul & the Body. | London, Published May 1st. 1808, by Cadell & Davis, Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- body | death | embrace | flames | flying | grave | kneeling | literary theme | man | nude | religious and mythological subject | smoke | soul | The Grave (1743) | tombstone | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Reunion of the Soul & the Body, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.