- Landscape with Two Men and a Castle Ruin on the Riverbank
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (14.6 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
Dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | men | river | riverbank | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Men and a Castle Ruin on the Riverbank, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.