Two Men Walking in a Landscape
- Watercolor, graphite, brown wash, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 16 3/8 inches (27.8 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Mr Gilpin"
Artist stamp, lower center: "WG"
Dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | landscape | mountains | path | people | river | road | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Two Men Walking in a Landscape, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.