Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Castle in the Distance, between 1762 and 1783
Landscape with Castle in the Distance
- between 1762 and 1783
- Gray wash, brown wash, graphite, pen and black ink and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 5 1/4 inches (8.9 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.