IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, River Landscape with Castle in the Distance, 1766
River Landscape with Castle in the Distance
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and gray ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 12 inches (20.3 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "Ap. 1766. a copy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | mountains | river | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.