Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Trees and Castle, 1763
Landscape with Two Trees and Castle
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 15 1/4in. (27.8 x 38.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower center: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.