- Landscape with Two Trees and Castle
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 15 1/4in. (27.8 x 38.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower center: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Trees and Castle, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.