The Death of the Good Old Man
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (29.2 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 11 inches (24.1 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 8 × 10 1/4 inches (20.3 × 26 cm)
Lettered above image, upper right: "P.30"; inside image, lower center: "The | New | Testament"; below image, lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"; lower center: "The Death of The Good Old Man. | ... Sure the last end | Of the good Man is peace! How calm His exit! | London Published May 1st. 1808. by Cadell & Davies, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | bed | bread | death | genre subject | kneeling | man | prayer | wine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Death of the Good Old Man, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.