IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, William Blake, Frontispiece, 1808
William Blake, Frontispiece
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 13 1/2 inches (50.2 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 14 3/4 × 10 3/8 inches (37.5 × 26.4 cm), Chine collé: 14 3/8 × 10 1/4 inches (36.5 × 26 cm), Image: 11 1/2 × 9 inches (29.2 × 22.9 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by T. Phillips R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by L. Schiavonetti V.A."; lower center: "William Blake | London, Published by R. H. Cromek, 64, Newman St. May 1st. 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Blake, William (1757–1827), engraver, artist, and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.