IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Robert Blair, The Grave, Title Page, 1808
Robert Blair, The Grave, Title Page
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 × 13 1/2 inches (51.4 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 14 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (36.2 × 27.6 cm), Image: 13 × 10 inches (33 × 25.4 cm)
Lettered inside image, upper left to lower left: "The | GRAVE, | A Poem. | Illustrated by twelve Etchings | Executed | by | Louis Schiavonetti, | From the Original | Inventions | of | William Blake, | 1808."; below image, lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower center: "London, Published May 1. 1808, by R.H.Cromek. No. 64, Newman Street"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti | Proof Copy R.H.C. Price 5.5.0"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flames | hornpipe | literary theme | man | nude | playing | religious and mythological subject | shroud | skeleton | The Grave (1743) by Robert Blair (1699-1746)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.