- For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 13, "Aged Ignorance"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), Sheet: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), and Plate: 2 7/8 x 2 1/2 inches (7.3 x 6.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | beard | branches | children | historical subject | leaf | men | nudes | scissors | shears | sun | text | trees | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 13, "Aged Ignorance", 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.