Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 13, "Aged Ignorance", 1793
For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 13, "Aged Ignorance"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), Sheet: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), and Plate: 2 7/8 x 2 1/2 inches (7.3 x 6.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | beard | branches | children | historical subject | leaf | men | nudes | scissors | shears | sun | text | trees | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.