- Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento
- between 1581 and 1586
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 21 1/8 inches (39.4 × 53.7 cm) and Plate: 12 1/2 × 14 inches (31.8 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "50"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Pantheon | 1st of 2 recorded states, copy of the original Lafreri plate | 318 x 356 | Huelsen 5e | Quartrich 19"
Lettered above image: "PANTHEVM. ROMANVM. NVNC. MARIAE. COGNOMENTO. ROTVMDAE. NOTVM. AD. ANTIQVAM. SVAM. EFFIGIEM. ET. FORMAM. EXPRESSVM"; inside image, center: "M. AGRIPPA. L. F. COS. TERTIVM. FECIT"; lettered on left edge of plate with numeric dimensions
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | lions | temple
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Pantheon (Rome) | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ambrogio Brambilla, active ca. 1579–1599, Italian, Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento, between 1581 and 1586
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.