IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, sixteenth century, Panthei Fidelissime Dimensi Exterior et Interior, 1553
Panthei Fidelissime Dimensi Exterior et Interior
- Additional Title(s):
The Pantheon, Broken Away to Show the Interior
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 × 18 3/4 inches (36.5 × 47.6 cm)
Lettered upper center: "PANTHEI FIDELISSIME DIMENSI EXTERIOR ET INTERIOR PARS EX ANTIQVO ROMAN SVIS OMNIBVS NVMERIS ABSOLVTA"; lower left: "ANT. LAFRERII ROMAE 8 D LIII"; lower right: "Ioannes Orlandi formis romae 1602"; lettered with dimensions along edges
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | cross section | oculus | temple
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Pantheon (Rome) | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.