- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 x 10 7/8 inches (22.8 x 27.6 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 x 10 inches (18.5 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "IL"; on back, lower left: "c"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HENRY ALKIN del. et sculp."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE'S SEVEN AGES. | The Infant. | London. Published by E & C. Mc. Lean. June 20th. 1824."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII | bonnets | books | bottles | boys | caretakers | carpet | chairs | children | cloth doll | cradle | crying | cups | curtains | drapery | dresses | drum (musical instrument) | fire irons | fireplace | fork | genre subject | girl | house | housewife (person) | humor | infants | interior | literary theme | mantle (fireplace component) | mother | nannies | necklace | paintings | papers (document genres) | parody | ribbons | satire | shoes | smoke | socks | spectacles | table
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Infant, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.