- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 10 7/8 inches (22.8 × 27.6 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 × 10 inches (18.5 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "IL"; on back, lower left: "c"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HENRY ALKIN del. et sculp."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE'S SEVEN AGES. | The Infant. | London. Published by E & C. Mc. Lean. June 20th. 1824."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII | bonnets | books | bottles | boys | caretakers | carpet | chairs | children | cloth doll | cradle | crying | cups | curtains | drapery | dresses | drum (musical instrument) | fire irons | fireplace | fork | genre subject | girl | house | housewife (person) | humor | infants | interior | literary theme | mantle (fireplace component) | mother | nannies | necklace | paintings | papers (document genres) | parody | ribbons | satire | shoes | smoke | socks | spectacles | table
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Infant, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.