- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 11 1/4 inches (23 × 28.5 cm) and Image: 7 7/16 × 10 inches (18.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "4R"; on back, lower left: "c"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HENRY ALKIN. del et sculp."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE'S SEVEN AGES. | The Justice. | London. Published by E. & C. Mc. Lean June 20th. 1824."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII | birds | books | breeches | carpet | casement windows | chair | coats | collars | costume | cravats | dog (animal) | footstool | frames (furnishings) | game (hunted animal) | genre subject | gesture | handkerchief | humor | inkstand | interior | jackets | justice | literary theme | neckties | papers | parody | pheasants | pointing | satire | secretary (public officer) | sporting art | staffs (walking sticks) | table | tailcoat | trousers | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Justice, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.