Come Gentle Night: "Romeo and Juliet," Act III, Scene II
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- between 1839 and 1849
- Stipple engraving, line engraving, and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 3/8 inches (28.2 x 21.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.5 x 19 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 5 11/16 inches (19.5 x 14.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "WOOLMER , PINXT."; lower right: "J. H. BAKER, SCULPT."; lower center: "JULIET. | JULIET.__"Come gentle night." | ROMEO & JULIET ACT III. SCENE II. | CASSELL, PETER & GALPIN."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | balcony | balustrade | blocks | bracelet | clouds | door | dress | figure | flowers (plants) | garden | hat | lantern | light | literary theme | moon | night | plays by William Shakespeare | railing | Romeo and Juliet, Act III, Scene II | Romeo and Juliet, play by William Shakespeare | sky | steps | theater | trees | vases | vines | woman
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Juliet (character in Romeo and Juliet)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James H. Baker, born 1829, Come Gentle Night: "Romeo and Juliet," Act III, Scene II, between 1839 and 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.