Pistol eating Fluellen's Leak - "Henry V"
- Additional Title(s):
Pistol eating Fluellens Leak, vide, Henry Vth
- Part Of:
- between 1811 and 1815
- Hand-colored etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 15 3/8 inches (26 x 39 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 13 13/16 inches (25 x 35.1 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 12 3/4 inches (21.3 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "a/e/- (circled) | Shakespeare Col'd"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "H Bunbury Esqr Del"; lower center: "Pistol eating Fluellens Leak , vide, Henry Vth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | army | boots | bushes | camp (temporary settlement) | caricature | feathers | hats | Henry V, Act V, Scene I | laughing | leek | literary theme | play | plays by William Shakespeare | satire | soldiers | spear | sword | tents | theater | tights | trees | vest | watching
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Fluellen (character in Henry V)
Pistol (character in Henry V)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, Pistol eating Fluellen's Leak - "Henry V", between 1811 and 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.