London. A Street: 'Henry IV Part II,' Act II, Scene I
- Additional Title(s):
Sir John Falstaff arrested,- at the Suit of Mrs. Quickly!
- Part Of:
- after 1857
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 8 1/8 inches (14.9 × 20.6 cm) and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 5/8 inches (11.1 × 16.9 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn & Etched by George Cruikshank"; lower center: "Sir John Falstaff arrested, _at the suit of Mrs_ Quickly! ~~"; lower right: "Pub.d by Messrs Longman & Co Paternoster Row"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | arrested | city | guards | Henry IV Part II, Act II, Scene I | Henry IV, part II by William Shakespeare | literary theme | men | obese | plays by William Shakespeare | street | surprise | swords | woman
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Sir John Falstaff
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, London. A Street: 'Henry IV Part II,' Act II, Scene I, after 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.