IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Augustus Fox, 1800–1876, British, The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare, 1827
The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare
- Part Of:
Collective Title: The Bijou; or Annual of Literature and the Arts
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 3 15/16 inches (15.8 × 10 cm), Image: 3 1/2 × 2 11/16 inches (8.9 × 6.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "P 104"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Painted by R. Westall R. A."; lower center: "THE DREAMS OF THE | YOUTHFUL SHAKESPEARE. | Published by William Pickering, Chancery Lane, Septr. 1. 1827."; center right: "Engraved by Augustus Fox."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | boots | boy | breeches | capes | caps | cauldron | child | church | cloak | clouds | costume | crowns | doublet | dream | feathers | fire | flying | kings | literary theme | men | obese | plays | robe | sash | shield | smoke | spears | staffs (walking sticks) | sword | tunic | vision | witches | women
- Associated People:
- Miranda (character in The Tempest)
Prospero (character in The Tempest)
Sir John Falstaff
The Three Witches (characters in Macbeth)
Ariel (character in The Tempest)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.