- The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 3 15/16 inches (15.8 x 10 cm) and Image: 3 1/2 x 2 11/16 inches (8.9 x 6.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "P 104"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Painted by R. Westall R. A."; lower center: "THE DREAMS OF THE | YOUTHFUL SHAKESPEARE. | Published by William Pickering, Chancery Lane, Septr. 1. 1827."; center right: "Engraved by Augustus Fox."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | boots | boy | breeches | capes | caps | cauldron | child | church | cloak | clouds | costume | crowns | doublet | dream | feathers | fire | flying | kings | literary theme | men | obese | plays | robe | sash | shield | smoke | spears | staffs (walking sticks) | sword | tunic | vision | witches | women
- Associated People:
- Sir John Falstaff
Miranda (character in The Tempest)
Prospero (character in The Tempest)
The Three Witches (characters in Macbeth)
Ariel (character in The Tempest)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Augustus Fox, British, 1800 - 1876, British, The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.