The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 1/4 x 3 15/16 inches (15.8 x 10 cm) and Image: 3 1/2 x 2 11/16 inches (8.9 x 6.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "P 104"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Painted by R. Westall R. A."; lower center: "THE DREAMS OF THE | YOUTHFUL SHAKESPEARE. | Published by William Pickering, Chancery Lane, Septr. 1. 1827."; center right: "Engraved by Augustus Fox."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | boots | boy | breeches | capes | caps | cauldron | child | church | cloak | clouds | costume | crowns | doublet | dream | feathers | fire | flying | kings | literary theme | men | obese | plays | robe | sash | shield | smoke | spears | staffs (walking sticks) | sword | tunic | vision | witches | women
- Associated People:
- Prospero (character in The Tempest)
Miranda (character in The Tempest)
Sir John Falstaff
The Three Witches (characters in Macbeth)
Ariel (character in The Tempest)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Augustus Fox, 1800–1876, British, The Dreams of the Youthful Shakespeare, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.