"Antony and Cleopatra," Act III, Scene XI
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 1/16 inches (28.2 x 20.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 13/16 inches (26.1 x 19.9 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 x 5 11/16 inches (19.2 x 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "P111"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "FRANK DICKSEE, PINXT."; lower center: "ANTONY & CLEOPATRA. | ANTONY. Fall not a tear, I say; one of them rates | All that is won and lost: Give me a kiss; | Even this repays me. | ANTONY & CLEOPATRA, ACT III. SCENE IX. | Cassell & Company, Limited."; lower right: "G. GOLDBERG, SCULPT."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Antony and Cleopatra, Act III, Scene XI | armor | columns | costume | fans | feathers | helmet | jewels | literary theme | love | lovers | men | palace | pharaoh | pillars | play | queen (person) | sandals | servants | theater (discipline) | women
- Associated People:
- Antony, Mark (83BC -30BC), Roman politician and general
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Cleopatra VII Philopator (late 69 BC–30 BC), last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Georg Goldberg, 1830–1894, German, "Antony and Cleopatra," Act III, Scene XI, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.