"Hubert, let me not be bound!"
- Additional Title(s):
A Room in the Castle: 'King John', Act IV, Scene I
- Part Of:
- Etching, line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 13/16 x 12 15/16 inches (42.7 x 32.8 cm), Plate: 13 7/16 x 10 3/8 inches (34.2 x 26.3 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 5 7/8 inches (19.6 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "P117"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by T. Stethard R.A."; lower center: "Engraved by J. Heath, Historical Engraver to his Majesty and A.R.A. | KING JOHN | Act 4 Scene 1. | Hubert, let me not be bound! | Nay, hear me, Hubert, drive these men away, | And I will sit as quiet as a lamb; | I will not stir, &c. | London Published Septr 1802, by Jas Heath, 15 Russell Place, Fitzroy Square and G. & J. Robinson, Paternoster Row."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | chains | chair | child | executioners | fire | irons | King John, Act IV, Scene I | literary theme | men | plays by William Shakespeare | sadness | sword | The Life and Death of King John, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Hubert (character in King John)
Arthur, Duke of Brittaine, nephew of King John (character in King John)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Heath, 1757–1834, British, "Hubert, let me not be bound!", 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.