- Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Otello
- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (26 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 8 9/16 x 13 1/8 inches (21.8 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "30-"; on back, lower right: "Theatrical"; in black pen, lower right: "49 7/8 x 14 4 3/8 = 13 7/8 x 18 3/8 3946 2m cyyshell(?)"
Lettered, upper center: "OPERA REMINISCENCE'S - 1829 - to be continued"; upper right: "Pl 1st (underlined)"; lower left: "William Heath___"; lower center: "DESDEMONA OTELLO | Dedicated to the admirers of WILLIAM SHAKSPEARE ___"; lower right: "Pub July 15 by T McLean 26 Haymarket sole publisher of W. Heaths sketches__"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dresses | literary theme | opera | plays by William Shakespeare | sashes | singing | The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, play by William Shakespeare | theater | turban | vest
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Othello (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
Desdemona (character in Othello)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Heath, 1795–1840, British, Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Otello, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.