Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Othello
- Part Of:
- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 15/16 x 13 1/8 inches (25.2 x 33.4 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 13 inches (21.5 x 33 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "OPERA REMINISCENCE'S - 1829 - to be continued"; upper right: "Pl 1st (underlined)"; lower left: "(part of name cut off)liam Heath___"; lower center: "DESDEMONA OTELLO | Dedicated to the admirers of WILLIAM SHAKSPEARE ___"; lower right: "Pub July 15 by T McLean 26 Haymarket sole publisher of W. Heaths sketches__"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dresses | literary theme | opera | plays by William Shakespeare | sashes | singing | The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, play by William Shakespeare | theater | turban | vest
- Associated People:
- Desdemona (character in Othello)
Othello (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Heath, 1795–1840, British, Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Othello, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.