Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Othello
- Part Of:
- Etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 13 1/8 inches (25.2 × 33.4 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 × 13 inches (21.5 × 33 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "OPERA REMINISCENCE'S - 1829 - to be continued"; upper right: "Pl 1st (underlined)"; lower left: "(part of name cut off)liam Heath___"; lower center: "DESDEMONA OTELLO | Dedicated to the admirers of WILLIAM SHAKSPEARE ___"; lower right: "Pub July 15 by T McLean 26 Haymarket sole publisher of W. Heaths sketches__"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dresses | literary theme | opera | plays by William Shakespeare | sashes | singing | The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, play by William Shakespeare | theater | turban | vest
- Associated People:
- Desdemona (character in Othello)
Othello (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Heath, 1795–1840, British, Opera Reminiscences: Desdemona and Othello, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.