IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Mr. Garrick in the Character of Richard the Third - "Richard III," Act V, Scene VII, 1746
Mr. Garrick in the Character of Richard the Third - "Richard III," Act V, Scene VII
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 10 1/2in. (41.9 x 26.7cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | crucifix | dagger | fear | literary theme | military camp | Richard III, play by William Shakespeare | tents
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Alexander Pope and His World (Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, 1988-04-28 - 1988-05-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.