Mr. Rossi as Othello
- Additional Title(s):
Mr. Rossi dans Othello
- Part Of:
- Hand-colored lithograph with beige tone on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 7 1/16 inches (25.5 x 17.9 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 x 7 1/16 inches (21.9 x 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "CHATINIERE, Antonin-Marie"; lower right: "9x12 | image | H5617"
Lettered, center right inside image: "Chatiniere"; lower center: "130. | M.R ROSSI DANS OTHELLO | ROLE D'OTHELLO."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | breastplate | costume | cuffs | dagger | gesturing | helmet | literary theme | moustache | play | plays by William Shakespeare | posing | robes | shoes | table | tassels | tunic
- Associated People:
- Rossi, Ernesto (1827/1829 - 1896), stage actor
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Othello (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Antonin Marie Chatinière, 1828–ca. 1900, French, Mr. Rossi as Othello, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.