'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene III
- Former Title(s):
Henry IV, Part I (one of twelve illustrations)
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 4 1/16 × 2 3/8 inches (10.3 × 6 cm) and 3 1/4 × 1 7/8 inches (8.3 × 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "p.72"
Lettered, upper right: "3"; lower center: "Verschwiegen bist du mehr als eine; | denn ich glaub es wohl da ß du das nicht sagen wirst was du nicht weilst | II Aufz 3r Auftr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | candles | cape | chair | coat | fancy dress | flirting | gesturing | hats | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | illustration | literary theme | man | plays by William Shakespeare | posing | swords | woman
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Nikolaus Chodowieki, German, 1726–1801, German, 'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene III, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.