'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene IV
- Former Title(s):
Henry IV, Part I (one of twelve illustrations)
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 2 3/8 inches (10.3 x 6 cm), Image: 2 11/16 x 1 15/16 inches (6.9 x 4.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "p.76"
Lettered, upper right: "7"; lower center: "Item einen; kapaunem, 2 Sch 2 Pf | ___ Item sekt, zwey stubchen. | II Aufz 4r Aufte"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | candles | cape | coat | dead | dying | explaining | fur | gesturing | hats | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | illustration | keys | literary theme | men | plays by William Shakespeare | pointing | posing | reading | showing | swords | table | watching
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Nikolaus Chodowieki, German, 1726–1801, German, 'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene IV, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.