Wooded Landscape with Herdsman Driving Cattle over a Bridge, Rustic Lovers and Ruined Castle
- between 1779 and 1780
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 12 x 15 3/8 inches (30.5 x 39.1 cm) and Image: 12 x 15 3/8 inches (30.5 x 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "C"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Thomas Gaionsborough | (IR 230/33)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | bridge (built work) | building | cattle | cows | genre subject | horse (animal) | landscape | man | shepherds | tower (building division) | trees | water | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Landscape with Herdsman Driving Cattle over a Bridge, Rustic Lovers and Ruined Castle, between 1779 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.