- The Right Honorable Edward, Earl of Clarendon
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 × 9 13/16 inches (35.7 × 24.9 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.17"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Cha 2"
Lettered, lower center: "The Rt. Honoble Edward Earl of Clarendon | Lord High Chancellor of England and Chancelllor of the | University of oxford Anno Dom. 1667. | cum privilegio Regis."; lettered, lower left: "Zoust pinx. T. Johnson fe."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by H: Overton & J:Hool at the White horse without Newgate. | Sold by E.Cooper at the 3 pidgeon in Bedford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Johnson, 1651–1685, The Right Honorable Edward, Earl of Clarendon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.