- James Craggs, the Younger
- Stipple and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 11 3/16 inches (38.4 × 28.4 cm), Plate: 14 5/8 × 10 11/16 inches (37.1 × 27.1 cm), and Image: 12 5/16 × 10 inches (31.3 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.88"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "n [s or o] | Ge[s or o] 2"
Lettered, lower center: "The Rt. Honourable James Craggs Esqr | His Majesty's Principal Secretary of State | one of the Lords Justices. &ca"; lettered, lower left: "G.Kneller Eq. Baront. pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "Geo: Vertue Sculpsit 1720"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, James Craggs, the Younger, 1720
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.