- Admiral Adam Duncan, 1st Viscount Duncan
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/4 × 17 13/16 inches (65.4 × 45.2 cm) and Image: 24 3/16 × 17 3/4 inches (61.4 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.110"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by H.P.Danloux."; lettered, lower center: "This Plate of The Right Honble Admiral Lord Viscount Duncan when Victorius off Camperdown; | Is by Permission, most humbly Dedicated to the Honble Miss Jane Duncan, by her most obedient Servant. | H.P.Danloux. | London, Published by H.P.Danloux No.11. Charles Street, Middlesex Hospital, May 1:1800,"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.R.Smith, Engraver Extraordinary to H.RH. the Prince of Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Admiral Adam Duncan, 1st Viscount Duncan, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.