- Thomas Fairfax, 3rd Lord Fairfax of Cameron
- Line and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 4 13/16 inches (16.2 × 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Vol.3 P.120"
Lettered, center left: "PLUS GLADIUS.QUAM SCEPTRA VALENT."; lettered, center right: "TOMAS FAIRFAX. ANAGRAMMA.FAX ERIT FAMOSA."; lettered, lower center: " plus gladius quam Sceptra valet FAIRFAXIUS exlex | Dicit; et in Regem Saevit, et in proceres. | Quid mirum FERRI FAX est si civibus ignes, | Fulm en, et exilium, mox sine lege ferat."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Thomas Fairfax, 3rd Lord Fairfax of Cameron, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.