IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Reverend John Fisher, Bishop of Salisbury, 1811
Reverend John Fisher, Bishop of Salisbury
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/8 × 15 inches (52.4 × 38.1 cm), Image: 17 3/4 × 13 15/16 inches (45.1 × 35.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Printed by J.Northcote Esqr. R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R. Dunkaron."; lettered, lower center: "The Rt. Revd John Fisher D.D. Bishop of Salisbury | and Chancellor of the most Noble Order of the Garter. | London, Published march 19 1811, 13, Tavistock Street, Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | bishop (prelate) | cathedral | chair | cloak | coat of arms | man | pendant | religious and mythological subject | tassels
- Associated People:
- Fisher, John (1748-1825), Bishop of Salisbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.