- David Garrick Leaning on a bust of William Shakespeare
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 24 5/16 × 15 1/8 inches (61.8 × 38.4 cm) and Image: 24 × 15 1/8 inches (61 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.137"
Lettered, lower left: "T.Gainsborough Pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Published April 2nd 1796 | B y J Boydell Cheapside No.90"; lettered, lowewr right: "Val, Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, David Garrick Leaning on a bust of William Shakespeare, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.