IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, David Garrick Leaning on a bust of William Shakespeare, 1769
David Garrick Leaning on a bust of William Shakespeare
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 24 5/16 × 15 1/8 inches (61.8 × 38.4 cm), Image: 24 × 15 1/8 inches (61 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.137"
Lettered, lower left: "T.Gainsborough Pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Published April 2nd 1796 | B y J Boydell Cheapside No.90"; lettered, lowewr right: "Val, Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.