Church Yard Gate and Dwarf Avenue Gate, Grittleton House, Wiltshire
- Former Title(s):
Three Designs for a Stable and Designs for Gates
- ca. 1835
- Pen and black ink, watercolor on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 7 1/4 inches (23.5 × 18.4 cm) and Mount: 12 5/16 × 9 3/4 inches (31.3 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "GRITTLETON"; in pen and black ink, center: "CHURCH YARD GATE"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "DWARF (AVENUE) GATE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gates | path | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ( Tyler ), Church Yard Gate and Dwarf Avenue Gate, Grittleton House, Wiltshire, ca. 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.